Portuguese Level 13 is an Intermediate course for students who have studied the Portuguese language to a fairly high level. Portuguese Level 13 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 12 or a course of at least 144 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level then check our levels chart.
Our Portuguese language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Describing what you and other people in your family do to help around the house
–Your and other people’s character and personality, including the personality of famous people
– Understanding information and expressing opinions about TV programs, radio, music, performers and personalities
– Making arrangements to go out, including invitation, location, time and suggestions of leisure activities and public events such as theatre, films, dances
– The language of communication
– Adjectives to describe people and personalities
– Verb: Future Subjunctive
– Conjunctions: Por causa de… Apesar de….
– Plural de palavras que indicam forma, espécie ou finalidade: pombos-correio
– The artistic scene
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 144 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2021
Mondays: 24th May – 28th June 2021
Thursdays: 19th August – 23rd September 2021
Wednesdays: 10th November – 15th December 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay