Portuguese Level 14 is an Intermediate course for students who have studied the Portuguese language to a fairly high level. Portuguese Level 14 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 13 or a course of at least 156 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level then check our levels chart.
Our Portuguese language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Conveying long term career plans and intentions: working/living abroad
– The advantages and disadvantages of different occupations, wages, working conditions, prospects – seeking a job, looking at advertisements in a foreign country
– Leaving a simple telephone message, making arrangements to be contacted by phone, message or e-mail
– Art, music and literature in Brazil, Portugal and other Portuguese-speaking nations
– The language of job advertisements and IT
– Conjunctions – conclusivas: logo, portanto… and adversativas: porém, todavia…
– The Future Subjunctive
– Plural – Exceptions to the rules
– Socio-economic issues in Portuguese speaking nations.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 156 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Wednesdays: 13th January – 17th February 2021
Tuesdays: 13th April – 18th May 2021
Mondays: 5th July – 9th August 2021
Thursdays: 30th September – 4th November 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay