Portuguese Level 2 is an Elementary Portuguese course for students who have already completed a Beginners course. Portuguese Level 2 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 1 or a course of at least 12 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level then check our levels chart.
Our Portuguese language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Greeting and introducing yourself to a colleague giving personal details.
– Describing people’s appearance and personality
– Giving, asking for, and understanding information about hobbies and interests stating when,
where, with whom, and how often you do things
– Exploring typical fruits and food in a street food market in Portuguese speaking countries.
– Vocabulary for food and drinks
– Adjectives to describe people and food
– Comparatives – Gosto mais de… / menos de …
– Days of the week, months and seasons
– Structure of questions and interrogative pronouns – Quantos, Quantas, qual, etc.
– Introduction of some regular and irregular verbs in the Present Tense.
– Singular and Plural – words that finish in ‘s’
-The street food markets in Portuguese speaking countries
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 12 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 27th September – 1st November 2021
Tuesdays: 9th November – 14th December 2021
Wednesdays: 12th January – 16th February 2022
Thursdays: 24th February – 31st March 2022
Mondays: 4th April – 16th May 2022*
Tuesdays: 24th May – 28th June 2022
Wednesdays: 6th July – 10th August 2022
Thursdays: 29th September – 3rd November 2022
Mondays: 7th November – 12th December 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 18th of April. Additionally, due to the Bank Holiday the lesson on the 2nd of May will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay