Spanish Level 8 is an Elementary Spanish course for students who are already in the process of learning Spanish. Spanish Level 8 requires that you have previously studied Spanish Level 7 or a course of at least 84 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our language test here, or check our level chart.
Our Spanish language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Describing a house
- Comparing, locating and describing objects
- Asking for favours and actions
- Asking for and giving permission
- Talking about actions in progress in the present
- Making excuses and justifying them
- Prepositions: debajo de, encima de, detrás de, delante de, etc.
- The gerundio (regulars and irregulars)
- Estar + gerundio
- Furniture and objects
- Politeness verbs: poder, importar, ayudar, poder
- Verbs: dar vs dejar/ prestar
- Daily and free activities
Aula Internacional Plus 2: Libro del alumno + MP3 descargable 1 (A2)*
Units 4 + 5
*Coursebooks are to be purchased after the first lesson and are required for the course. Books will be available to purchase from reception on the day of your second lesson.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 84 class hours of previous Spanish language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 3rd October – 7th November 2023
Wednesdays: 15th November – 20th December 2023
Thursdays: 11th January – 15th February 2024
Wednesdays: 21st February – 27th March 2024
Tuesdays: 9th April – 14th May 2024
Thursdays: 23rd May – 27th June 2024
Tuesdays: 2nd July – 13th August 2024*
Mondays: 19th August – 23rd September 2024*
Wednesday: 2nd October – 6th November 2024
Thursdays: 14th November – 19th December 2024
*There will be a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024 due to the summer holiday. The course will still consist of 6 lessons, spread out over 7 weeks.
*Due to the Summer Bank Holiday, the lesson on Monday the 26th of August will be rescheduled to Friday 30th August. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Spanish language teachers
- Spanish language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay