Academic Manager Development
This week long course offers teachers or trainers a chance to expand their skills with an overview of the field of academic management.
Over the course of the week you'll be introduced to management theory and its practical application, and explore strategies for developing teams and managing staff, performance and change.
Available to book with our new Technology for Language Teachers course - Click to find out more information
- Minimum English level: C1+/C2
- Minimum age: 21 years+
- Minimum course size: 4
- Maximum course size: 18
- Course days: Monday to Friday
- Cost: £685
- Course length: 1 week
- Lesson time a week : 13 hours 45 minutes
- Lesson a week: 15
- Course dates: 5-9 August 2019
- Lesson times: 9am-12pm or 1.15pm-4.15pm sessions
Who is the course for?
If you're an experienced educator or trainer planning to move into academic management, or just want to expand your skillset, this course is for you. You'll need a minimum English level of C2 Advanced plus on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to apply for this course.
By the end of the course you will have:
- developed your understanding and awareness of the relationship between management theory and its application in an educational context
- learned a range of practical strategies to help you manage individuals, teams and processes more effectively
- explored issues related to managing change in education, and how to evaluate the impact of change initiatives
- worked with academic managers from a range of contexts, identified key issues and good practice in addressing these
- shared professional practice with other academic managers
You will examine the skills and qualities needed to be an effective academic manager and how to manage and develop teams working both face to face and remotely. Topics include:
- theories of staff motivation and their application
- managing performance
- managing educational change
Interested to find out whether you are eligible for Erasmus+ funding?
Click here to discover more about how you can apply.
Download and return application form
- If you are ready to book and pay for this course, please Apply for this Course, below.
- If you are applying for Erasmus funding, or your school will pay for your course, please use the downloadable application form and task, complete and save it, and return it to email@example.com.
- Once we have received the form we will respond to you within three working days to advise you of the results and discuss the next steps.
- To book accommodation download our accommodation form.