Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) - 20 lessons/week
Prepare for the Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (CPE) exam and combine exam preparation with a class focusing on a specific area of English you would like to improve.
C2 Proficiency (CPE) is the most advanced Cambridge English qualification and demonstrates an extremely high level of English. This course fully prepares students for the exam by focusing on all the skills and language needed for each section of the test. It also provides extra classes each week to help students study a particular area of language.
- Minimum English level: C1
- Course length: 10 weeks
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Lesson time a week: 18 hours 20 minutes
- Lessons a week: 20
- Lessons times: 12:15 to 16:15
- Lesson days: Monday to Friday
- Cost: £3,100
- Start dates: 7 January, 1 April, 30 September 2019
Who is the course for?
This course is for students who want an advanced General English qualification and would like an intensive study option.
This course fully prepares you for the Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (CPE) exam - a qualification that demonstrates a high enough level of English to be able to study at a British university, or teach English to others. It also offers additional Special Focus classes, allowing you to refine your language skills in the areas which needs most attention.
It will focus on developing your use of English, helping you gain an advanced English language qualification that is recognised throughout the world. You will become more confident and accurate in using the language you have learnt.
The Cambridge Preparation 20 C2 Proficiency (CPE) programme will provide you with all the skills and techniques you need for each section of the exam.
You will be able to:
- Study demanding subjects at the highest level, including postgraduate and PhD programmes
- Negotiate and persuade effectively at senior management level in international business settings
- Understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing
- Talk about complex or sensitive issues, and deal confidently with difficult questions.
This course includes our Cambridge Standard exam preparation classes classes with an additional five lessons per week of classes.
These allow you the chance to gain more knowledge and experience in a particular area of language study. Options may include:
- Speaking & Listening
- Speaking & Vocabulary
- Speaking & Writing
- Speaking & Reading
You will also:
- learn and practise important new language relevant to the exam, covering the areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar
- work from a dedicated exam course book and other learning materials and carry out topic work relevant to the exam
- receive regular one-to-one assessment from your teacher
- receive at least two hours of homework every evening
- receive support and self-study advice from teaching staff
- Be given the exam techniques and test-taking strategies that you need to pass the exam
- Have a full practice exam during the course and receive feedback and advice from your teacher
- Discuss and debate a wide range of topics to improve your fluency and accuracy
- Refine your writing skills in order to express your views effectively
- Further develop your key skills by listening to a variety of complex topics
- Read extended texts from different genres
- Develop a broad range of language to help in each part of the exam.
Please note, the Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (CPE) exam fee of £160 is not included in the course price. To book a Cambridge exam, please see our Cambridge exam dates and fees page.