Cambridge B2 First (FCE) - 20 lessons/week
Our Cambridge English Exam plus preparation course combines study for the B2 First Certificate in English (FCE) with a specific area of English you need to improve.
This course focuses on the skills and language you need for the Cambridge B2 First (FCE) exam. It covers exam techniques and test-taking strategies, including extensive exam practice.
- Minimum English level: B2 Upper Intermediate
- Course length: 8 weeks
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Start dates: 16 April 2018, 15 october 2018; 1 January, 1 April, 7 October 2019
- Lesson time a week: 18 hours 20 minutes
- Lessons a week: 20
- Lessons times: 12:15-13:10 and 13:15-16:15
- Lesson days: Monday to Friday
- Cost: £3,100.00
Who is the course for?
For students who want to gain an internationally recognised General English qualification and who want an intensive study option.
The B2 First Certificate in Cambridge English (FCE) preparation course leads towards an upper-intermediate level English language qualification that is respected and recognised around the world by universities, employers and national education authorities.
It will help you pass your exam with additional Special Focus classes, allowing you to refine your language skills in the areas which need most attention.
You will be able to:
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, exchanging opinions and presenting arguments
- Follow conversations and presentations on a range of topics
- Write persuasive arguments
- Write letters, reports and articles.
The course fully prepares you for the Cambridge B2 First (FCE) exam by providing you with all the skills and techniques you need for each section of the test.
- You will learn and practise important new language relevant to the exam.
- By the end of the course you will be more confident and accurate in using the English you have learnt.
- Lessons are based around topic work, a dedicated exam course book and other materials.
- You will receive regular one-to-one assessment from your teacher.
- Be given the exam techniques and test-taking strategies that you need to pass the exam
- Have a full practice exam during the course and receive feedback and advice from your teacher
- Discuss a wide range of topics to improve your fluency and accuracy
- Focus on different aspects of writing to develop your ability to write in different styles
- Listen to understand the main ideas on a wide variety of topics
- Read a range of texts, including news items, reports and articles
- Develop your range of language to help in each part of the exam.
Please note, the Cambridge English B2 First (FCE) exam fee of £145 is not included in the course price. To book a Cambridge exam, please see our Cambridge exam dates and fees page.