Cambridge Intensive C1 (CAE)
Our intensive fast-track preparation course for the Cambridge C1 Advanced English (CAE) is ideal for students who want to improve everyday written and spoken English to take the C1 Advanced exam.
The C1 Advanced (CAE) is an advanced exam which can be used for your university applications in the UK and other English-speaking countries to prove you have a level of English appropriate to higher education or professional contexts.
- English level required: Minimum C1
- Course length: 10 weeks
- Maximum class size: 12
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 25 (22 hours, 55 minutes)
- Time: 9:00-12:00 and 13:15-15:15 (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: 1 July 2019
- Cost**: £3,000.00
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for students who want to get the best Cambridge C1 Advanced exam result and gain an internationally recognised qualification to help them use English for work, study, or visa applications.
This course prepares you for the First Certificate in Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE) exam quickly, with intense study to an advanced level.
It will help you develop the language skills you need to gain a qualification that demonstrates an advanced level of English.
The Fast-track Cambridge Preparation programme will provide you with all the exam skills and techniques you need for each section of the exam.
You will become more confident and accurate in using the language you have learnt.
- Follow an academic course at university level
- Communicate effectively at a managerial and professional level
- Participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars
- Express themselves with a high level of fluency.
The course consists of 25 lessons. Every part of the course keeps a tight focus on what you need to know to pass the C1 Advanced (CAE) exam.
During the programme you will study important new language relevant to the exam, covering the areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary.
Lessons are based around topic work, a dedicated exam course book and other materials.
You will learn and practise relevant exam skills and techniques.
There are regular one-to-one assessment sessions with your teacher.
- Be given the exam techniques and test-taking strategies that you need to pass the exam
- Have a full practice exam during the course and receive feedback and advice from your teacher
- Discuss a wide range of topics to improve your fluency and accuracy
- Focus on different aspects of writing to develop your ability to write in different styles
- Listen to different talks, lectures, programmes and develop key skills
- Read a wide range of academic texts such as articles, essays and reports
- Develop your range of language to help in each part of the exam.
** Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is GBP95 and includes the costs of all study materials. Please note, the Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE) exam fee of £150 is not included in the course price. To book a Cambridge exam, please see our Cambridge exam dates and fees page.