Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) - 15 lessons/week
Prepare for the Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE) exam with our Cambridge Preparation 15 C1 Advanced course.
C1 Advanced (CAE) is an advanced qualification which recognises your ability to communicate with confidence in English. This course focuses on the skills and language you need for the exam. It covers exam techniques and test-taking strategies, including full exam practice.
- English level required: Minimum C1
- Course length: 10 weeks
- Maximum class size: 12
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 15 (13 hours, 45 minutes)
- Time: 13:15-16:15 (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: 1 April, 17 June, 7 October 2019
- Cost**: £2,500.00
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
Who is the course for?
For students who want to gain an internationally recognised advanced General English qualification to help them use English for work or study purposes, or to support visa applications.
This course fully prepares you for the Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) exam. It will help you develop the language skills you need to gain a qualification that demonstrates an advanced level of English. It can be used for university applications in the UK and other English-speaking countries to prove you have a level of English appropriate to higher education or professional contexts.
The Cambridge Preparation 15 C1 Advanced (CAE) programme will provide you with all the exam skills and techniques you need for each section of the exam.
You will become more confident and accurate in using the language you have learnt.
You will be able to:
- Follow an academic course at university level
- Express yourself with a high level of fluency and accuracy
- Communicate effectively using a wide range of language
- Follow complex group discussions and presentations
- Write in an engaging and persuasive style
- Write letters, proposals, reports and reviews.
You will learn and practise important new language relevant to the exam, covering the areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary.
Lessons are based around topic work, a dedicated exam course book and other materials.
You will receive regular one-to-one assessment from your teacher.
- Be given the exam techniques and test-takingstrategies that you need to pass the exam
- Have a full practice exam during the course and receive feedback and advice from your teacher
- Discuss and debate a wide range of topics to improve your fluency and accuracy
- Write about various topics with appropriate style and language
- Follow complex listenings which involve multiple speakers
- Develop your key skills by reading a variety of challenging texts
- Extend your range of language to help in each part of the exam.
** Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is GBP95 and includes the costs of all study materials. Please note, the Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE) exam fee of £150 is not included in the course price. To book a Cambridge exam, please see our Cambridge exam dates and fees page.