Cambridge Intensive B2
Our fast-track preparation course for the B2 First Certificate in English (FCE) develops the language skills and techniques required to pass the B2 First (FCE) exam.
This intensive course runs in the summer and will help students use everyday written and spoken English for work or study purposes.
- English level required: Minimum B2
- Course length: 10 weeks
- Maximum class size: 12
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 25 (22 hours, 55 minutes)
- Time: 9:00-12:00 and 13:15-15:15 (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: 1 July 2019
- Cost**: £3,000.00
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
Who is the course for?
If you have an English level of B2 (upper intermediate) or above and want a fast-paced programme with quick results that will prepare you for the Cambridge B2 First (FCE) exam, choose this course. It is ideal for those waiting for the university year to start or who have limited free time away from work.
This intensive course will fully prepare you for the Cambridge English B2 First (FCE) exam and help you become more confident and accurate in the language you use.
It leads towards an upper-intermediate level English language qualification and will quickly help you use and improve your everyday spoken English for work or study purposes.
The Cambridge Preparation 25 B2 First (FCE) Intensive programme provides the language and techniques you need to gain a qualification that is respected and recognised around the world by universities, employers and national education authorities.
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- Follow the news
- Write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view
- Write letters, reports, stories and other types of text.
The course consists of 25 lessons a week with the focus on what is needed to pass take the Cambridge B2 First (FCE) exam.
During the programme you will study important new language relevant to the exam, covering the areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary.
Lessons are based around topics and you will work from a dedicated exam course book and other course materials.
You will learn and practise relevant exam skills and techniques.
There are regular one-to-one assessment sessions with your teacher.
- Be given the exam techniques and test-taking strategies that you need to pass the exam
- Have a full practice exam during the course and receive feedback and advice from your teacher
- Discuss a wide range of topics to improve your fluency and accuracy
- Focus on different aspects of writing to develop your ability to write in different styles
- Listen to different talks, lectures, programmes and develop key skills
- Read a wide range of academic texts such as articles, essays and reports
- Develop your range of language to help in each part of the exam.
** Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is £95 and includes the costs of all study materials. Please note, the Cambridge English B2 First (FCE) exam fee of £145 is not included in the course price. To book a Cambridge exam, please see our Cambridge exam dates and fees page.