Cert IBET - Certificate in International Business English Training
The Certificate of International Business English Training (IBET) is an Internationally recognised Business English teaching qualification offered by EnglishUK.
Our Cert IBET course will give you the knowledge and skills to complete the certificate assignment and is essential for any teacher looking to excel in the field of Business English teaching.
- English level required: C1+/C2
- Minimum age: 21
- Minimum course size: 4
- Maximum course size: 15
- Course days: Monday to Friday
- Cost: £1,250 + £125 exam fee
- Course length: 2 weeks
- Study hours : 50 hours
- Lessons a week: 25
- Lesson times: 09:00 to 12:00 and 13:15 to 15:15
- Start dates: 21 January, 1 July, 12 August 2019
Who is the course for?
If you are a qualified English language teacher (CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL) and would like to develop your skills in teaching Business English then this course is for you.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Acquired the necessary knowledge to submit your assignment for the Cert IBET international qualification
- Gained familiarity with current best practice in teaching business English to groups and One-to-One
- Learnt how to adapt their professional approach to the needs of corporate and individual clients
- Developed a greater understanding of communication in the business world
Study sessions and held in the morning and afternoon and cover both theoretical and practical content. The aim is to give you a good working knowledge of best practice in teaching English for international business, along with useful classroom skills.
You will focus on the following core modules:
- Definition of business English; characteristics and expectations of business learners
- Concepts and language in a business context
- Needs analysis and research
- Course and syllabus design
- Materials and resources, including web-based resources
- Approaches, methods and techniques: lexical learning, role-play and case studies, learner training
- Internationalism and culture
- Teaching oral business communication skills: socialising, meetings, negotiations, telephoning and presentations
- Teaching business reading and writing skills: correspondence, memos and reports
- Evaluation and assessment: evaluating programme aims, managing feedback and business English exams
- Professional development and employment
During the course you will gather ideas and information for a post-course assignment. Within 12 weeks of the end of the course you will submit a written project based on a practical teaching scenario (3000 - 4000 words). The assignment is marked by International House London and moderated by English UK and LanguageCert.
Download the Application form.
See the General info course details.
Interested to find out whether you are eligible for Erasmus+ funding?
Click here to discover more about how you can apply.
Download and return application form
- Download the application form and language awareness task, complete and save it, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have received the form we will respond to you within three working days to advise you of the results and discuss the next steps.