Face-to-face Delta 123
The Delta is an advanced blend of theory and practice that will deepen your knowledge and understanding of English language teaching.
Module 1: Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching
This module focuses on extending and developing candidates’ knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning English in a range of contexts. Topics include:
- Different teaching approaches and methodologies
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning
Assessment: written exam; exam dates: 3 June, 4 December
Module 2: Developing Professional Practice
This module focuses on developing awareness and expertise in the principles and professional practice of teaching English in a range of contexts. Topics include:
- The language learner and the language learning context
- Evaluating, selecting and using resources and materials for teaching purposes
- Observe and evaluate other teachers’ lessons
Assessment: portfolio of coursework (including background essays, observed lessons and a professional development assignment)
Module 3: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism
This module focuses on needs analysis, syllabus design, course planning and assessment. You will carry out an independent investigation, leading to the design of a course programme related to a specialism.
Some of the specialisms include:
- Business English
- Teaching young learners
- English for Specific Purposes
- Teaching English to learners with special requirements
Assessment: written assignment submitted ellectronically on: 9 June, 8 December
You can find out more about each module on the Cambridge English website.
If you have any questions about the Delta, we are happy to help. Email the teacher training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.