Full-time TESOL - 4 weeks
International House is in a unique position to offer the IH Certificate in TESOL. Our full-time course is designed for those with a non-native level of English who would like to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL). Course participants must have C1 advanced minimum English level.
This TESOL course will help you understand the principles of teaching adult learners and develop practical skills to plan and deliver engaging and dynamic lessons.
Book the CELTA and learn a new language for free!
Get ready for your trip overseas by studying a new language or refreshing your language skills at no extra cost! Book your CELTA and register for a language course for free. You can choose from any of the following languages: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
Group classes are held in the evenings, for 2 hours a week and courses run for six weeks. Our classes are taught by qualified teachers. Places are subject to availability and can be started within 3 months after your CELTA.
- Minimum English level: C1
- Minimum age: 18
- Course length: 4 weeks
- Course dates: 30 October, 27 November 2018; 7 January, 4 February, 4 March, 1 April, 29 April, 3 June, 1 July, 29 July, 2 September, 30 September, 28 October, 25 November 2019
- Lesson time a week: 30 hours
- Lesson hours: 09:00 to 16:00 or 11:30 to 18:30
- Lesson days: Monday to Friday
- Cost: £1,495
Who is this course for?
For teachers of English who wants the rigour and depth of a CELTA course but who aren't quite at the near-native C2 level required by Cambridge for the CELTA.
The IH Certificate in TESOL will help you understand the principles of teaching adult learners and develop practical skills to plan and deliver lessons that will inspire your students to learn.
- You will study the same course content as the CELTA.
- You will participate in the same practice group led by the same tutors, with the same methodology and language sessions.
- You will be assessed differently and, on successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the International House Teaching Certificate.
You will attend daily small group teaching practice with students at different language levels. You will study classroom management and planning and attend seminars and demonstrations to improve language awareness.
The IH Cert in TESOL will help you:
- understand the principles of effective teaching and acquire the practical skills to allow you to do this
become more aware of language and able to apply this knowledge when teaching
learn how to develop professionally in the field
start to understand how and why adults learn English and the role of both the teacher and the learner
Apply for this course
Our courses are regularly oversubscribed and they fill up fast. We strongly recommend applying early to avoid disappointment and have greater choice over dates and times.
Download and return application form