General English 15 - Afternoon
Book your English for Life 15 course if you want to improve your general English.
Your class will have students at the same English level as you and the teacher will base lessons around the needs of the group. You will do lots of group work and the teacher will give you individual support and encouragement
- English level required: Minimum A2
- Course length: Minimum 1 weeks
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 15 (13 hours, 45 minutes)
- Time: 12:15-13:10 (55 mins) and 13.15-15.15 (1 hour 50 mins) (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: every Monday (except bank holidays)
- Cost**: £255.00 per week
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
**Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is £95 and includes the costs of all study materials.
Who is this course for?
Adult Learners who want to develop their confidence and language skills for a social, work or academic setting.
The afternoon courses are based on the needs of the learners and have a particular focus on developing communication and language skills. The teachers select materials from published course books alongside authentic materials and design their own lessons to offer unique and creative lessons. The teacher will use London/ the local area as an academic resource when appropriate to the learning goals
Level: A2 – C1. These classes are mixed level and ability (but are streamlined to ensure the students are of a similar level). The syllabus follows the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Each course starts with an analysis of needs and priorities, self-assessment and goal setting using the CEFR “can-do” statements and then working towards clear, achievable learning outcomes.
You can test your English level here. (link to testmylevel.com)
Classes for the afternoon courses are rotated every four weeks.
At 12.15-13.10 (55 minutes) they can include:
- Speaking and Listening
- Speaking and Vocabulary
- Speaking and Writing
- Speaking and Grammar
- Speaking and Reading
At 13.15-15.15 (1 hour and 50 minutes) the courses can include:
- Everyday English
- Communication and Media
- Research and Debate
- English for Exams
- Academic English
By the end of this course you will have
- increased your oral fluency
- widened your range of active vocabulary
- developed your listening skills
- improved your writing, pronunciation and reading
- developed learning strategies
- developed one or more specific language or skills area in more detail
- visited London/ the local area when appropriate to the learning goals