General English 20
Our English 20 course gives you 5 extra lessons a week to help you develop a particular language area or skill.
The course provides you with core General English classes and an additional class each day focusing on speaking, plus one other language area you need to improve.
- English level required: Minimum A2
- Course length: Minimum 2 weeks
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons a week: 20 (18 hours, 20 minutes)
- Lesson days: Monday to Friday
- Time: 09:00-12:00 and 12:15-13:10 (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: every Monday (except bank holidays)
- Cost**: £335.00 per week
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
**Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is £95 and includes the costs of all study materials.
Who is the course for?
If you want a more intensive course than English 15, with an extra five lessons a week to focus on improving a particular area of language, choose English 20. It’s suitable for anyone with an English level of A2 Elementary or above. You can test your English level here.
By the end of your course you will have:
- increased your oral fluency
- learned “real” English using the latest course books and materials such as DVDs, newspapers and the internet
- widened your range of active vocabulary
- developed better listening skills
- improved your writing, pronunciation and reading
- developed learning strategies for the future
- extended your skills in tw or more specific areas
You'll develop your communication skills through activities such as role-play and class discussions, and learn, review and practise new language every day. Regular homework will help you follow your progress and increase your understanding of what you have learned in class.
There will be regular one-to-one tutorials with your teacher to set new learning targets specific to your needs and these will form a base for your progress reports.
You'll follow the English for Life programme in the morning followed by a special focus lunchtime class on speaking and other language skills. You and your teacher will decide which skills to focus on. Options change regularly and may include:
- Speaking and Listening
- Speaking and Grammar
- Speaking and Vocabulary
- Speaking and Writing
- Speaking and Reading
You may also be able to choose an IELTS Speaking & Listening option as preparation for a full IELTS course.