Home and School English
Home and School English course offers general English courses in the morning at International House London and placement with a qualified and experienced general English host tutor.
- English level required: Minimum A2
- Course length: Minimum 2 weeks
- Maximum class size (morning classes): 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 15 (13 hours, 45 minutes) for morning classes, and 10 hours one-to-one with your private Host Tutor
- Time: 09:00-12:00 (Mon-Fri mornings at International House London)
- Start dates*: every Monday (except bank holidays)
- Cost**: £1,055.00 per week
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no IH London classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
**Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is £95 and includes the costs of all study materials from IH London.
Who is the course for?
Choose this course if you want to rapidly improve your general English skills. You will have 15 morning lessons per week and 10 hours one-to-one personalised English tuition with your private Host Tutor.
This course is suitable for anyone over the age of 16 with some knowledge of English (Beginners courses are available to start on set dates).
Morning classes at IH London will include:
During IH London morning courses you will increase your communication experience, and improve your writing, pronunciation and reading skills. The class will have students at the same English level as you, and the teacher will have regular one-to-one feedback to set new learning targets.
During the course you will:
- work with other students and engage in activities such as role-plays, pair work, and class discussions
- learn, review and consolidate new language everyday
- get regular homework to help you review and check your understanding of what you have learned in class
- complete can-do statements to track your progress
- receive Student Progress Reports to help you focus your learning
Afternoon classes at IH InTuition Languages will include:
Your afternoon one-to-one classes will give you the opportunity to further develop the English you learned that morning with your personal Host Tutor.
- • Extra support in the areas you need it most
- • Additional speaking and listening practice
- • Help with homework and additional assignments
- • The chance to consolidate, review and revise at your own pace
Home and English course includes too:
- Placement with a qualified and experienced General English host tutor
- Full-board accommodation with a private, comfortable study bedroom
- Pre-Course Planner and Student Portal access
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline