IELTS Preparation 20
IELTS Preparation 20 combines IELTS test preparation with extra Special Focus lessons on skills specific to the IELTS test: speaking, listening, reading, writing and vocabulary.
The programme is taught by experienced IELTS teachers, many of them are IELTS examiners, so you’ll gain valuable insight on how to get the best test result.
- English level required: Minimum B1
- Course length: 4 or 8 weeks
- Maximum class size: 12
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 20 (18 hours, 20 minutes)
- Time: 12:15-13:10 and 13:15-16:15 (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: every 4 weeks; 7 January, 4 February, 1 April, 29 April, 3 June, 1 July, 29 July, 2 September, 30 September, 28 October, 25 November
- Cost**: £1,300.00 (4 weeks); £2,400.00 (8 weeks)
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal if you are planning to take the IELTS test and want to improve your score. You’ll be able to concentrate on strengthening specific areas of English that you feel need improvement for different parts of the test.
Your English level should be B1+ mid intermediate (IELTS band 4.5 - 5.0) or above to take this course and you’ll need to pass an entrance test in order to be placed in a class with students of a similar level.
This programme will help you prepare for the IELTS test - a qualification that is recognised throughout the world. It will also develop your English language skills in an area you wish to improve.
By the end of the course you will have:
- gained techniques to improve your exam skills
- learnt strategies for approaching each part of the test
- practised in a mock test environment
- a good understanding of your strengths and weaknesses
- a plan of areas to focus your revision
- an understanding of each test area: listening, reading, speaking and writing
The focus of this course is on gaining techniques and strategies to help you achieve the score you need in the IELTS test. Your teacher will ask you what IELTS score you are hoping for and work with you to create a study plan to achieve it.
Over the course of the week you will:
- look methodically at each part of the IELTS test: listening, reading, speaking and writing
- have access to past papers and other learning materials
- gain advice on what examiners look for in each section of the exam
- complete a full “mock” (practice) exam under exam conditions
- receive individual feedback from the trainers on your weaknesses and how to improve them
You can choose to focus on the Special Focus language lessons in the areas you most need to improve:
- IELTS Speaking & Vocabulary
- IELTS Speaking & Listening
- IELTS Speaking & Reading
- IELTS Speaking & Writing
Please note, these courses are offered on a rotational basis and we can’t guarantee your first choice will be available.
You will need to take and pass the IELTS entrance test in order to join this course and be placed in a class at the correct level. An entrance test will be provided once you book your course.
The test must be completed and returned to us five working days before the course start date.
** Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is £95 and includes the costs of all study materials. Please note, the IELTS exam fee is not included in the course price. To book an IELTS exam, please see our IELTS exam dates and fees page