IELTS Academic Test Preparation 20
Achieve the score you need to study at an English-speaking university, or to achieve your next career goal.
The programme is taught by experienced IELTS teachers, many of them are IELTS examiners, so you’ll gain valuable insight on how to get the best test result.
- English level required: Minimum B1
- Course length: 4 or 8 weeks
- Maximum class size: 12
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 20 (18 hours, 20 minutes)
- Time: 12:15-13:10 and 13:15-16:15 (Mon-Fri)
- Start dates*: every 4 weeks; 7 January, 4 February, 4 March, 1 April, 29 April, 3 June, 1 July, 29 July, 2 September, 30 September, 28 October, 25 November
- Cost**: £1,340.00 (4 weeks); £2,480.00 (8 weeks)
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
**Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is GBP95
Who is this course for?
This course is for learners who want to improve their IELTS score significantly across all four skills in the IELTS Academic Test.
You will be able to:
- Understand the IELTS Academic exam and feel more confident when you take the exam
- Use a range of academic language and communicate more fluently
- Use strategies and techniques to help improve all four skills – listening, reading, writing, speaking
- Think critically and express your opinions in both written and spoken English.
During the course you will:
- Cover all parts of the exam and be given strategies, techniques and advice on how to achieve the score you need
- Complete a full practice test under exam conditions and get individual feedback from your teacher
- Study each part of the exam and have regular tests to see your progress
- Practise speaking using a wide range of language used in the exam
- Develop your writing skills and learn how to analyse data and texts to help you write more accurately
- Listen to different talks, lectures, programmes and conversations
- Read a wide range of academic and exam style texts such as reports and academic articles
- Increase your grammar and vocabulary range to help you improve your score.
You will need to take and pass the IELTS entrance test in order to join this course and be placed in a class at the correct level. An entrance test will be provided once you book your course.
The test must be completed and returned to us five working days before the course start date.
** Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is £95 and includes the costs of all study materials. Please note, the IELTS exam fee is not included in the course price. To book an IELTS exam, please see our IELTS exam dates and fees page