Language Teaching Refresher
Language Teaching Refresher (previously known as TESOL Update) is ideal for recently qualified teachers, or teachers who have been away from the classroom, who would like to review their knowledge and skills.
There is a focus on methodology, teaching practice and techniques, and you will look at using different course books in your lessons and at designing your own materials.
- Minimum English level: C1 advanced
- Minimum age: 21
- Minimum course size: 4
- Maximum course size: 18
- Course day: Saturday
- Cost: £550 (4 weeks)
- Course length: 4 consecutive Saturdays
- Lesson times: 10.00 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 16.00
- Start dates: 17 February, 8 September
Who is the course for?
This course is for working or back-to-work teachers who need to boost their confidence by reviewing and extending what was learned on the CELTA or Cert TESOL.
By the end of the course you will have:
- enhanced your own language awareness
- developed an awareness and understanding of different approaches to dealing with language
- developed an ability to anticipate problems and solutions with language
- improved your lesson planning skills
During the course you will analyse the following language areas:
- teaching phrasal verbs
- time, tense and aspect
- dealing with phonology
- written and spoken discourse
- sentence structure
And you'll gain a deeper understanding of the methodology used in the following types of lessons:
- language from a text
- task-teach-task / test-teach-test
- PPP / situational presentation
You'll also have the opportunity to use and adapt a range of course books and practise designing your own materials.
Download and return application form
- If you are ready to book and pay for this course, please Apply for this Course, below.
- If you are applying for Erasmus funding, or your school will pay for your course, please use the downloadable application form and task, complete and save it, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have received the form we will respond to you within three working days to advise you of the results and discuss the next steps.
- To book accommodation download our accommodation form.