Part-time TESOL - 12 weeks
International House is in a unique position to offer the IH Certificate in TESOL. Our full-time course is designed for those with a non-native level of English who would like to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL). Course participants must have C1 advanced minimum English level.
This TESOL course will help you understand the principles of teaching adult learners and develop practical skills to plan and deliver engaging and dynamic lessons.
- Minimum English level: C2 advanced+
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum course size: 10
- Maximum course size: 15
- Teacher to student ratio: 1 to 5
- Start dates: 10 February, 10 March, 21 April, 19 May, 30 June, 1 September, 22 September, 3 November
- Course length: 12 weeks
- Lesson time a week: 6 hours
- Lesson days: Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs depending on start date
- Lesson times: 18:30 to 21:30 (eve) & 10:00 to 17:00 (Sat)
- Cost: £1,495
Who is this course for?
For teachers of English who wants the rigour and depth of a CELTA course but who aren't quite at the near-native C2 level required by Cambridge for the CELTA. it is particularly good for those who wish to study in the evening and at weekends.
The IH Certificate in TESOL will help you understand the principles of teaching adult learners and develop practical skills to plan and deliver lessons that will inspire your students to learn.
- You will study the same course content as the CELTA.
- You will participate in the same practice group led by the same tutors, with the same methodology and language sessions.
- You will be assessed differently and, on successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the International House Teaching Certificate.
You will attend daily small group teaching practice with students at different language levels. You will study classroom management and planning and attend seminars and demonstrations to improve language awareness.
The IH Cert in TESOL will help you:
- understand the principles of effective teaching and acquire the practical skills to allow you to do this
become more aware of language and able to apply this knowledge when teaching
learn how to develop professionally in the field
start to understand how and why adults learn English and the role of both the teacher and the learner
Apply for this course
Our courses are regularly oversubscribed and they fill up fast. We strongly recommend applying early to avoid disappointment and have greater choice over dates and times.
Download and return application form