Study and Work English Programmes: improve your CV
This course is designed for undergraduates or very young professionals to gain professional experience while improving their English skills. It’s an ideal introduction to the language and culture of working in the United Kingdom.
Language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive. Emphasis will be on spoken and written communication, including professional contexts. You will be encouraged to work in pairs and in groups to maximise your learning: you will take part in simulations of common situations and role-plays; to help you build the foundations of the language you will also work systematically on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
The English course is combined with Work Experience: you will be assigned to a department within the school and will be in charge of a project. Your final task will be to prepare and present your project results to the department.
Is this level right for me?
This course is for B1 students. If you are unsure about your level, please test your level here. Book this course if you are already able to: describe habits and routines, past experiences as well as people, places and things, express obligations and necessity, and make requests and suggestions.
- English level required: Minimum B1
- Course length: 4 weeks
- Maximum class size: 8; average class size: 6
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 5 h class per day
- Time: 9.30-12.30, lunch break, 13.30-15.30 Monday to Friday for 2 weeks, followed by 2 weeks work experience
- Start dates*:every 2 weeks, from mid-June to mid-September: 24 Jun, 8 Jul, 22 Jul, 5 Aug, 19 Aug, 2 Sept.
- Cost**: £1,350.00
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
**Plus the registration fee. The registration fee is GBP95 and includes the costs of all study materials.
- Job interviews in the U.K.
- Writing a successful CV.
- Preparing and delivering a presentation in a professional environment.
- Language and culture of negotiations.
- Writing work emails.
- Work Meetings: organising, running and closing a meeting.
- The etiquette of meetings: topics will include agreeing and disagreeing, taking the floor and other strategies.
- Running project as an effective team.