Teaching IELTS - Listening
Our online courses develop your knowledge and understanding of IELTS and how to teach the skills your students need to perform well in assessment.
The module is delivered wholly online, and you work in lock step with your study group.
- Minimum English level: B2+
- Teaching level: Experienced teachers
- Delivery: Online
- Start dates: 28 April, 6 October 2019
- Course duration: 20 hours per module
- Course fee: £125.00 per module (£475.00 for all four modules if purchased together)
The module is moderated by an experienced online tutor who is also an experienced IELTS teacher. The lessons are released on a weekly basis, and you are expected to complete all the required tasks for each lesson within the week.
Collaborative tasks mean you work together with other online participants, and Discussion Forum tasks encourage you to explore some of the concepts discussed in more depth. Your tutor will play an active role in the Discussion Forums and provide help and guidance.
In addition, you will have classroom experiment tasks, which ask you to try out some of the ideas with your classes, and Reflective Journal tasks, where you analyse and explore the module contents with personalised, one-to-one support from your course tutor.
An active participation rate of 80% is a course requirement (active participation in Discussion forums and completion of required tasks).
As well as the online study notes, the module provides you with resources for teaching, and includes filmed teaching clips as well as interviews with teachers and students.
- An introduction to the IELTS Listening exam
- Problems students have with the Listening exam
- How to develop your students’ listening skills
- Practical activities to prepare your students for the exam
The Modules can be studied separately or as a complete course: