Teaching Very Young Learners
- Minimum English Level:B2
- Maximum course size: 15
- Course hours: 27 hours, 30 minutes
- Lesson days: Monday to Friday
- Start dates: 15 July - 26 July
- Course length: 2 weeks
- Cost: £745
Who is the course for?
The course is for English teachers who want to gain confidence in working with very young learners. You may already have some experience or be about to start teaching this age range.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- considered the different needs, realities and challenges of teaching very young learners
- practiced planning to meet your aims
- looked at games and activities aimed at recognition, production and early years literacy through phonics.
- designed and adapted practical teaching activities and materials to meet the needs of the learners and curriculum.
On this course you will look at the different stages in learning and development of young children. Within an age range, there may be many similarities in what children can do and enjoy doing, but also there are differences between individuals. You will learn about activities to use to stimulate and support language development, for example craft, games, stories and songs and ways to make learning opportunities from play. You will also analyse what is suitable for the different ages.
The course will include techniques for developing literacy at different ages from individual sounds and letters to blending sounds and spelling words.
For more information and bookings, please contact us on email@example.com