The London Experience
This course is for B1 students and above.
This is a fun way to improve your English while exploring London’s history, architecture and what it is like living in such an amazing capital city. The course is task and topic based: part of lessons will be held in the classroom and part around London, in a number of different and interesting venues, depending on the weather and the season.
This course will give you access to the facilities on our top floor, including Wi-Fi, magazines and newspapers, refreshments and networking events as well as our terrace.
Is this level right for me?
This course is for B1 students and above. If you are unsure about your level, please test your level here. As the course includes excursions, comfortable shoes are advisable.
- English level required: B1 and above
- Course length: Minimum 1 week
- Maximum class size: 8
- Minimum age: 18
- Lessons per week: 15 group (13 hours, 45 minutes)
- Time: 13:15-16.15, Monday to Friday
- Start dates*: Every Monday in June, July and August.
- Cost**: £385.00 per week plus any extra (entry fee, refreshments etc.)
- Location: London
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
You will be able to:
- Find your way around London like a local
- Understand and engage in British customs and traditions
- Use the language you have learned during the structured lessons while exploring London
- Communicate with locals in a variety of contexts in real-life situations.
The course is task and topic based. Lessons take place inside and outside of the classroom in a variety of interesting venues across the city, depending on the weather.
Each day will focus on a specific topic, for example:
- London’s museums: learn about this great tradition and their history.
- London’s markets: visit one of London’s famous markets and learn about English culinary traditions.
- Afternoon tea: one of the most famous English traditions, afternoon tea is a perfect opportunity to learn about British etiquette and how to make polite small talk.
- London’s parks: explore nature in the middle of the capital and learn about the culture of English gardens.