Language training for finance, banking and insurance
Finance is an incredibly internationalised business sector, offices are multinational and multilingual, and business relationships cross borders as a matter of course.
We have worked with HSBC, BNP Paribas, Lazard, McKinsey & Company, Nomura and the Royal Bank of Canada among many others.
We understand the need to communicate clearly, to understand what others say, to participate effectively in meetings and negotiations, and to build business and social networks, not only in the UK, but globally.
Sample syllabus: English for finance (upper intermediate level)
Actual content depends on pre-course Needs Analysis, and is subject to on-going change as the course evolves. These are sample modules only.
- Course outline and approach
- Goal setting
- Financial quiz; numbers, trends
- Reading a comment, discussion, key vocabulary
UK - US finance
- Skim reading reports and news feeds
- Summary of differences
Current financial topics
- Financial news based on press articles
- Macroeconomic issues
- How to report information and ideas
- Writing an investment-linked report
- Prepare to make a presentation - flow, register, style
- Give the presentation, recorded for playback and analysis
- Share markets
- Vocabulary: common collocations, expressions
- Bonds, futures, options
- Telephoning: buying and selling on the phone
- Balance sheets
- Reporting trends, forecasting