Language training for relocation
Today’s executives are mobile. Companies are international, with offices around the world. Moving from one country to another is increasingly common, but no less challenging than it has ever been.
One critical factor in a successful relocation is understanding the people and culture of the destination country. Learning the language helps this process immeasurably.
We create tailored language training programmes which can be delivered pre-departure and/or post-arrival. They are designed to your remit and delivered wherever you may be, through IH London or one of our many partner schools.
Typical outcomes are greater confidence when communicating, an ability to understand what others say and the culture they’re coming from, and the language skills required to build relationships, both social and business.
Sample syllabus - Spanish for relocation (beginner - elementary level)
Actual content depends on pre-course Needs Analysis, and is subject to on-going change as the course evolves. These are sample modules only.
- Talking about self & others, including family
- Describing people – physical appearance, character
- Talking about likes and dislikes, how you feel
- Describing your job, asking about others
- Talking about your company
- Talking about your relocation
Numbers and time
- Numbers – cardinal, ordinal, common fractions
- Time – dates, timetables
- Making appointments
Communicating with others
- Writing emails, text messages, notes
- Using the phone – common expressions
- Expressing ideas and opinions
Money and shopping
- Key vocabulary
- Asking for the bill, checking change, methods of payment
- Opening a bank account
- Houses/homes – rooms, buildings, furniture, renting property
- Schools – local school system, staff, subjects
- Getting to know the neighbours
- Eating & drinking – common vocabulary, restaurants, bars
- Leisure activities – arts, sport, social
- Social conversations, making small talk
- Health/illness – common symptoms, emergencies
- Going to the doctor
- Asking for advice