LanguageCert testing centre
International House London is LanguageCert Approved Test Centre.
LanguageCert* is an Awarding Organisation dedicated to language skills assessment and certification. It is a member of PeopleCert, a global leader in the certification industry, that has been delivering millions of exams in 200 countries.
If you are interested in organising LanguageCert qualifications you can contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
LanguageCert International ESOL
Since 2015, LanguageCert has acquired all the intellectual property and related assessment materials for English language qualifications from City & Guilds, one of the oldest and most prestigious awarding bodies in the UK. LanguageCert advances the certifications offering LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages), the next generation of English language qualifications, while ensuring that the highest quality standards are consistently met.
LanguageCert International ESOL qualifications are regulated by Ofqual in the sector subject area “Languages, literature and culture of the British Isles”.
LanguageCert Young Learners ESOL
Acknowledging the increasing need for young learners, aged 7-12, to become familiar with assessment processes while participating in stress-free exams, LanguageCert has developed LanguageCert Young Learners ESOL qualifications according to the intellectual and emotional stages of young children. The exams can serve as a starting point, motivating students to move onto LanguageCert International ESOL at an older age.
LanguageCert exam - for Italian PON
Language exam provider LanguageCert has been accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education as a recognised language qualification for Italian students on EU-funded PON scholarships.
Why should you choose LanguageCert International ESOL qualifications over other English language exams?
- There are separate Written and Spoken exams leading to two separate certificates. Written and Spoken exams of the same or even of a different level can be taken together or one at a time according to the candidates’ convenience (e.g. Speaking can be taken as a standalone exam if only proof of the speaking ability has to be provided, for example for a job).
- Grammar and Vocabulary are integrated in the three sections of the Written exam, and are not examined separately.
- The Written exam is uninterrupted, without time limits per section (Reading – Writing), so that each candidate allocates their time however they wish/need to, without waiting the other candidates to finish.
- The interview of the Spoken exam is always recorded, guaranteeing impartiality and ensuring the potential for remarking.
- Each candidate is examined individually by a LanguageCert Interlocutor, who engages in the conversation and is not responsible for the candidate’s assessment. The evaluation takes place at a later stage by a LanguageCert Marker.
What can I use a LanguageCert International ESOL qualification for?
LanguageCert International ESOL qualifications can be used internationally as school curriculum requirements, as well as for university entry and/or graduation, employment and career progression.
Where can I get more information on the LanguageCert International ESOL exams?
To find all the information you need for LanguageCert International ESOL qualifications click here.
Common questions we receive about LanguageCert tests are answered here.