Linguaskill testing centre in London
International House London is Linguaskill-approved Agent and Test Centre.
Linguaskill is an online English Language test that can assess 1-4 skills (Reading and Listening combined, Writing, Speaking) depending on what a candidate or organisation wants to show. The tests can be bought and conducted by any organisation as part of their recruitment or benchmarking process making it easy and convenient to incorporate into your processes.
You can choose from Linguaskill General or Linguaskill Business.
Linguaskill is very useful for higher education institutions, recruitment organisations and employers. Higher education institution can evaluate students’ language requirements from admission to graduation. Employers and recruiters can use Linguaskill for testing language skills for applicants or to evaluate staff skills after language training.
Why choose Linguaskill General
- You’ll receive individual and group reports instantly for Reading and Listening, and within 48 hours for all skills.
- The test is modular, so you can choose which combination of reading, listening, writing and speaking is right for your organisation.
- Linguaskill is multi-level, helping you to assess candidates of all abilities with just one test.
- Tests are simple to deliver in-house
Linguaskill Business is a variant of Linguaskill test created by Cambridge Assessment English and aimed at small businesses as well as larger companies wanting to assess language skills of their employees in a corporate setting.
It is an online test which uses language specific to business environment and can be used in companies operating on an international level as part of their recruitment process or to evaluate language skills of existing employees after language training.
Linguaskill Business tests in all 4 skill areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) from A1 level to C1+ and there is possibility of testing just one skill or combining multiple skills if required. Test topics include buying and selling of products and services, the office, business travel and human resources.
Why choose Linguaskill Business
- Linguaskill Business uses language specific to business setting
- Linguaskill is an adaptive language tests and as such it allows companies to test users with language proficiency ranging from A1 to C1+ level together with one test
- Linguaskill is an on-demand test and so sessions can be created ad hoc 7 days a week
- There is a possibility of testing just one desired skill or combining multiple modules
- With Linguaskill Business your test results will be available instantly for Listening and Reading modules or within 48 hours for writing and speaking
- Linguaskill Business tests are online based and therefore easy to deliver in-house
Linguaskill is a flexible, modular assessment, which tests: Reading and Listening (combined), Writing, and Speaking.
|Reading and Listening||Writing||Speaking|
|Length: about 60–85 minutes||Length: 45 minutes (2 parts)||Length: 15 minutes (5 parts)|
|Types of questions – Reading tasks:
Read and select
Types of questions – Listening tasks:
Listen and select
|Part 1 (Email)
The candidate will be asked to write a minimum of 50 words
Part 2 (Long text)
The candidate will be asked to write a minimum of 180 words
|Part 1 (interview)
The candidate answers eight questions about themselves (the first two questions are not marked).
Part 2 (reading aloud)
The candidate reads eight sentences aloud.
Part 3 (long turn 1)
The candidate is given a topic to talk about for one minute. 40 seconds are allowed for preparation.
Part 4 (long turn 2)
The candidate is given one or more graphics (such as a diagram or information sheet) to talk about for one minute. One minute is allowed for preparation.
Part 5 (communication activity)
The candidate gives their opinions in the form of short responses to five questions related to one topic. One minute is allowed for preparation.
Linguaskill General sample tests
Linguaskill Business test samples
Results for Linguaskill are provided instantly for Reading and Listening, and within 48 hours for all skills.
|180+||C1 or above|
To find out more about Linguaskill download The Linguaskill brochure.
For further information regarding the Linguaskill test, please visit the Linguaskill website.
For further information regarding delivering Linguaskill Business and to set up an account, please contact email@example.com or call 02076112477
Linguaskill General and Business price list
Reading and Listening – £55
Speaking – £55
Writing – £55
4 skills bundle – £120