For ages 12-17, to prepare students to study in an English-speaking environment and gain an English language qualification
Available in summer
Our most academic course with English lessons to prepare students to study in an English-speaking environment. Students take the LinguaSkill Speaking Exam to gain the qualification. Students also practise their English with trips and activities.
|Location||Oxford (summer) | Frensham (summer) | Cambridge (summer)|
|English level||All levels welcome
(Your child will be in a class with students of the same level)
|Course length||Choose 1-6 weeks|
Unlike our other Young Learner English programmes, this course has English lessons in both the morning and in the afternoon: 21 hours of English tuition per week by a qualified English teacher. It is an intensive course across English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
It is not all hard work though – English Plus classes are lively, interactive and fun. Students are encouraged to speak English at all times, and benefit from using the language with others their own age in different social situations.
Students will have 15 hours of general English lessons with the rest of the school then six additional hours focused on improving their spoken English with an exam at the end of their course.
Students also participate in sports, arts and crafts, and other activities. Aimed at practising English through fun and teamwork, the English Plus programme proves that it is possible to work hard and still have fun!
Study trips are also a big part of the course, with one full-day and one half-day trip to places of interest in the UK included every week.
- Trips at Frensham include: Windsor Castle, Winchester Planetarium, London with a Thames boat cruise and royalty walking tour, and Brighton including the Brighton i360, the famous Pier and the Lanes.
- Trips at Oxford include: Walking tour and entry to a University of Oxford college, Punting on the River Cherwell, Bath with a walking tour and entrance to the Roman Baths, and London, with a ride on the London Eye, a royalty and politics walking tour, and Westminster Abbey.
There are on-site evening activities organised by IH staff every night, including fashions shows, discos, film nights, and treasure hunts.
Learning summary (per week)
Lessons: 21 hours
Study trips: 1 full-day trip and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including sports, arts and crafts: 20 hours
Your child will:
- Improve their spoken English
- Increase their vocabulary
- Develop exam and study skills
- Be fully prepared for studying in an English-speaking environment
- Make new friends from around the world
- Gain the LinguaSkill Speaking Exam qualification
|Location||Season||Start dates||Arrival day||Course length||Price|
|Frensham||Summer|| 12, 19, 26 Jul
02 09 Aug
|Wednesday||Choose 1-6 weeks||£1211 per week|
|Oxford||Summer||12, 19, 26 Jul
|Wednesday||Choose 1-5 weeks||£1396per week|
|Cambridge||Summer||05, 12, 19, 26 Jul
|Wednesday||Choose 1-6 weeks.||£1426 per week|
*This start date can be booked for a maximum of 1 week.
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- The English language exam (provided by LanguageCert) fee is included in the course price.
Very nice atmosphere in the school and I like the activities and the excursions.
We speak your language
We are always happy to help you find the perfect course. Contact our team who can speak many languages.Contact us
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.