Role: CELTA Teacher
Type of contract: Permanent, face-to-face
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £34,379 -£35,723 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing Date: Thursday, 18th January 2024 12:00pm (we may close the role earlier if a successful appointment is made before this date)
Location: Covent Garden, London
To Apply: Please send a CV and Cover Letter (no more than 1000 words) outlining how you meet the criteria for the role to email@example.com
About International House
We are leaders in language teaching, testing, and teacher training with over sixty years of experience. We believe that by delivering quality language and communications training, we act as a force for change, bringing people together, enhancing mutual understanding and tolerance, and unlocking individual potential.
As a Teacher Trainer at IH London, you will play a pivotal role in nurturing the growth and development of educators in the field of ELT. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality training programs, sharing your expertise, and inspiring the next generation of English language teachers on our CELTA courses and TT short courses, as well as developing your teaching skills within our English Department. If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for education, we invite you to be a part of our dynamic team.
- Training Delivery: Deliver engaging and informative training sessions for English language teachers, covering a wide range of topics.
- Support: Provide guidance and support to course participants, helping them enhance their teaching skills and meet their professional development goals.
- Feedback and Evaluation: Offer constructive feedback and evaluations to course participants, helping them improve their classroom performance and instructional techniques.
- Teaching: Deliver high quality English Language and Exam preparation courses across a range of levels and ages.
- Stay Updated: Keep abreast of the latest trends, methodologies, and developments in the ELT field, and incorporate relevant innovations into training programs.
- Course Development: Contribute to the development and enhancement of training courses and materials, ensuring they align with industry standards and best practices.
Qualifications and Person specification:
- Recognised Teacher Training status for Cambridge or Trinity courses
- DELTA certification or equivalent.
- Proven experience as an English language teacher with a strong track record of success.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Dedication to continuous professional development.
- Ability to inspire and motivate educators.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Adaptability and a passion for learning.
To access the job description for the role, please click here
Please note that if you are successful at the interview stage all offers are subject to a right to work in the UK eligibility check, us receiving two references, a Disclosure and Barring Service Check and Police Check (if living abroad) that are considered satisfactory to IH London.
We encourage fairness and equality in our Recruitment and selection process. Our shortlisting and interviewing will be carried out by more than one person: Internal members of interview panels are informed about the company’s recruitment and selection of staff policy. Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and not of a discriminatory nature.
International House London’s Values:
Ethical, Inclusive, Innovative, Passionate, Professional
Do you need some help?
We are always happy to help you. Contact our team who can speak many languages.Contact us