English language lessons online
International House London has teamed up with Google to provide live English language and speaking practice lessons via online video.
The lessons are 30 minutes long and take place on Google's Helpouts platform.
All you need is a computer with a webcam and a Google account.
How to get your first lesson for free
To claim your first Helpout session for free follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to your Google account – if you don’t have a Google account you will need to set one up to use Helpouts
- Go to the IH London Google Helpouts page
- Choose the time for your Helpout session via the Schedule button
- Click on the “Redeem promo code” link in the confirmation pop-up, enter this code:INTERNATIONA952 and click APPLY
- Enter your payment details on the secure Google Wallet payment form and click Buy (the purchase value will be £0.00)
No money will be taken from your account
Click to enlarge
It only takes a few minutes to sign up for a Helpout, you’ll then receive an email confirming your session and the time and date will be added to your Google calendar.
When it’s time for your Helpout to start, simply go to the IH London Helpout page and click on the ‘I’m ready’ button and your Helpout will begin.
Any further Helpout lessons you book with IH London are chargeable at £12.50 per half an hour. You only pay when booking your next session.
IH London expertise available around the round
IH London language school enjoys an unrivalled reputation in English language teaching and teacher training. The school has been setting the standard for English teaching for over 60 years.
Working with Google on the Helpouts platform allows more people all around the world to get a little taste of what this expertise is like, without having to travel to our central London location.
Our highly experienced teachers are available to provide online English help with employment needs, course work, exam preparation and much more:
- Pronunciation and fluency
- Using grammar
- Listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Building your vocabulary
- English for everyday use
Find out more about studying English at International House London