A fully immersive academy experience which allows students to improve their English whist taking part in a range of activities and outdoor learning experiences. The woods and outdoor spaces surrounding the campus provide the perfect environment for students to develop a range of personal, social and technical skills in the natural world.
|Course length||2 weeks|
Students follow a daily programme of English language lessons in the morning with a focus on the environment, sustainability and the natural world. Afternoons are devoted to outdoor learning where teamwork, creative thinking and confidence building are intertwined with adventures in the woods.
Activities will connect their classroom studies to the natural world. Field studies and collaborative projects and challenges will increase their appreciation of the outdoors. The course also covers basic bushcraft and survival skills where students will be able to delve into foraging, shelter building and first aid.
Each week there is also one full-day excursion further afield so students can make the most of their time in Scotland by seeing the highland mountains, castles and famous Scottish cities. There is one afternoon per week spent in Edinburgh for sightseeing.
There are on-site evening activities organised by IH staff every night, including quizzes, camp fires, film nights and a disco.
Learning summary (per week)
Lessons: 15 hours
Outdoor Learning: 15 hours
Study trips: 1 full-day and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including sports, arts and crafts: 20 hours
Your child will:
- Explore topics relating to the environment, sustainability
and the natural world
- Develop a range of outdoor first aid and rescue skills
- Complete an orienteering challenge
- Complete a full-day hike in the Pentland Hills
- Develop lond-term, environmentally sustainable attitudes
- Gain Forest and Outdoor Learning Award at SCQF Level 2
- Engage with nature and the environment to develop outdoor competence
|Location||Season||Start dates||Arrival day||Course length||Price|
|Edinburgh||Summer||26 June 2022
17 July 2022
07 August 2022
|Wednesday||Choose 1-6 weeks||£2704 (2 weeks)|
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
I enjoyed having interactions with people from different countries.
We speak your language
We are always happy to help you find the perfect course. Contact our team who can speak many languages.Contact us
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.