A course for young learners who want to improve their English, go on study trips, take part in activities and learn more about performing arts. There will be opportunities to develop skills in roles both on and off stage.
|Course length||2 weeks|
During the course students will act as part of a working theatre company to further develop the key principles of acting for the stage.
Students will study monologues and group performances, as well as learningabout multiple different roles on and off the stage, working towards a show case at the end of the course.
Performing arts classes and activities will also develop vocabulary that will empower self-expression.
Students have 15 hours of English lessons every week with a qualified English teacher, plus organised sports and arts activities outside the classroom all in English with their new friends to practise their English too.
There is one full-day and one half-day study trip included every week. Examples include: Winchester Planetarium, Brighton i360 and Brighton Pier and Lanes.
There are on-site evening activities organised by IH staff every night, including fashions shows, discos, film nights, and treasure hunts.
Learning summary (per week)
Lessons: 15 hours
Outdoor Learning: 15 hours
Study trips: 1 full-day and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including sports, arts and crafts: 20 hours
Your child will:
- Improve their spoken English
- Increase their English vocabulary
- Learn about a range of performing arts roles
- Make new friends from around the world
- Be prepared for studying in an English-speaking environment
- Develop skills in directing, costume, light, sound and characterisation
- Deliver a show case at the end of the course
|Location||Season||Start dates||Arrival day||Course length||Price|
|Frensham||Summer||27th July||Wednesday||2 weeks||£2704|
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
Very nice atmosphere in the school and I like the activities and the excursions.
We speak your language
We are always happy to help you find the perfect course. Contact our team who can speak many languages.Contact us
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.