From 6th August 2020: in line with the UK government’s Covid Secure Guidelines, from 8th August 2020 all staff and candidates must wear a face covering for the duration of the IELTS test.
Since the beginning of the lockdown, IH London has been following government advice and working hard to put together plans for a careful, phased reopening of the centre, with the safety of our candidates and staff at its heart. We understand that many people need to get English language exam results registered in time for applications to universities and other organisations. With this in mind, we are delighted to announce that with careful consideration most of our IELTS test venues in the UK are now OPEN and we have been testing IELTS every day at our centre in Central London since June 2020, offering both paper based and computer based tests.
Safety for Candidates and Staff
During this challenging time, the safety of our exam candidates and staff is imperative, and IH London will be doing all it can to ensure social distancing, hygiene and safety measures are met.
- Upon arrival there will be a staggered entry into the building – there will be various entry/exit points to the school to ensure space between candidates
- There will be a clear one way candidate journey within the building to reduce physical contact
- Floor tape will be placed in corridors, outside building entrances, in the lift and at registration indicating the 2 meter distance required
- There will be sneeze guards between the candidates and the examiner / interlocutor during the speaking tests
- Test results are released online and a Test Report Form is posted to candidates (computer based exams in 3-5 days; paper based exams in 13 days)
- All candidates and staff will wash their hands upon entry to the building
- Hand washing stations and frequent hand sanitiser will also be available throughout the day
- Door handles and stair banisters will be sprayed with disinfectant at the end of each round of candidates
- Candidate desks and computer equipment will be sprayed with disinfectant at the end of each round of candidates
- Candidates must wear a face covering for the duration of the IELTS test, including the Speaking test. (this must be removed only at registration during ID checks)
- Candidates may wear gloves if they wish to (these must be removed at registration and during ID checks)
- Candidates may wear protective eye-wear if they wish to (these must be removed at registration and during ID checks)
- Candidates must bring and use their own stationery and take it home with them when they leave the venue.
With these careful measures in place striving to reduce the risk of Covid transmission, we will be offering candidates the opportunity to take the IELTS exam, and with this hope to be able to assist candidates with their future plans and studies during this difficult period. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Want to prepare for your exam? Join our IELTS online preparation course now.
To book an IELTS exam at IH London, please register here.
For the latest Government advice on the Coronavirus situation, visit the gov.uk website.