At International House London, the welfare of all students is important. In UK students aged 16 or 17 are legally classed as children. The majority of our students are adults over 18 but we welcome many under 18’s on our adult courses every year.
If you a parent/guardian of a student aged under 18, we need you to understand that your child will be studying with older adults and that there will be less supervision than on a teenager programme.
We ask that parents or guardians of under 18 students read the below points and all documents attached before booking a course for their children. This will help you and your child understand better the under 18 rules in the centre and what to expect during the course at IH London.
– It is mandatory that under 18 student’s parents or guardians read, complete, and return to this form pre-arrival.
– To learn about rules for under 18 students on adult courses at IH London, please click here.
– For information about what to expect when your child is on a course with IH London, please refer to this document.
– For guidance for under 18 students please refer to this document.
– IH London can only accept bookings for under 18 students with suitable accommodation. We strongly encourage under 18s to stay in homestay accommodation arranged by the school.
– Under 18s cannot stay in a hotel/ residence unless they are with a responsible adult.
At any time, if you have any questions or concerns regarding matters related to under 18 students, please contact our Welfare Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org