CELT-P (Certificate in English Language Teaching – Primary) is a fully online teacher training course for teachers of English to primary level students (6-12 years). Using blended learning, self-study, live input sessions, observations, and feedback from expert IH London trainers, this course will help you get the best from your students by developing your classroom skills and teaching confidence.
The CELT-P will help you improve the quality of your classroom practice by:
- developing and extending your knowledge and skills
- focusing on the strategies, methods and materials you need to teach language effectively
- helping you to manage and motivate large classes
- providing you with strategies to ensure that all learners achieve their potential
CELT–P is a 120–hour blended learning course, comprising nine online modules, 9 online portfolio tasks, 3 teaching observations, and 9 monthly IH London training sessions.
Each of the nine online modules provides a range of activities which will help you to engage with the course content and apply what you are learning to your classroom practice. Each module includes regular progress tests.
The module topics are as follows:
Language Awareness for Teaching
Developing Listening and Speaking Skills in the primary classroom
Developing reading and writing skills in the primary classroom
Resources for learning in the primary classroom
Managing the primary classroom
Developing language use in the primary classroom
Language learning and the primary learner
Planning language learning in the primary context
Assessing language learning in the primary context
IH London Seminars
Every month, you will work with your IH London tutor on each online module to:
- develop and extend the online materials
- engage in supportive discussions and practise activities relevant to your own classroom context.
Practical Portfolio Tasks
Each module includes a practical written task to allow you to apply what you have learned to your own classroom.
Practical Teaching Observations
The teaching observations will give you the opportunity to:
- Consolidate and put your online learning into practice
- Receive developmental feedback from expert IH London trainers
Three observations are provided in total. Two observations are developmental, and one is assessed as part of the course. You will be observed in your own teaching context, teaching your own students. If you are teaching online classes, this will be a live observation.
By doing this course, you will improve your abilities in the classroom and gain two Cambridge English certificates: CELT-P and TKT: Young Learners.*
Online live input: 1 Thursday a month: 7.30am – 9am (1.5 hours)
Self-study: Approximately 12 hours a month
Assessments: Approximately 2 hours a month
The IH London CELT-P includes optional monthly live online sessions of training with a specialist IH London trainer. These sessions will consolidate your learning throughout the course and provide additional support as you develop your skills in the classroom.
* This is an essential part of the course in order to achieve the CELT-P qualification. Please note this course must be booked and paid for separately and is not included in the price.
Click here to download a sample timetable:
Download a sample timetableAdvice for Hubae Students on Studying Korean
Advance Your Career
We're always happy to help.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay