For our younger learners, ages 8-11, to learn and improve their English and enjoy a range of fun activities
Available in spring and summer
Students learn English through fun interactive lessons, with new topic themes every week. Learning outside the classroom with new friends from all over the world takes place with activities and exciting trips.
(The minimum age is 8, or 7 if in the same school year as 8 year olds)
|Location||Frensham (spring and summer) | Ellesmere (summer)|
|English level||All levels welcome
(Your child will be in a class with students of the same level)
|Course length||Choose 1-6 weeks (1-3 weeks in spring)|
|Season||Spring | Summer|
Students follow a daily programme of 15 hours of English language lessons in the morning, while afternoons are spent learning outside of the classroom through exciting activities with new friends.
During the afternoon, students can choose from a number of sports and arts activities, with something for everyone. Sports can include tennis, football, basketball and swimming. Arts activities can include t-shirt painting, sketching, and performance arts.
Study trips are also a big part of the course, with one full-day and one half-day trip to places of interest in the UK included every week.
- Trips at Ellesmere include: a full-day trip to Legoland and the Sea Life Centre and a walking tour and ferry ride in Liverpool. Half-day trips include Chester Zoo and Llangollen Railway.
- Trips at Frensham include : a full-day trip to London for a Shrek Adventure and a walking tour and Brighton including the Brighton i360, the famous Pier and the Lanes. Half-day trips include Winchester Planetarium and Windsor Castle.
Students practise their English inside and outside of the classroom, for the best learning experience.
In the evenings, Discover English students will have an activity programme with a mix of sports, arts and crafts, and other activities such as quizzes and film night.
Learning summary (per week)
Lessons: 15 hours
Sports and activities: 6 hours
Arts and crafts: 6 hours
Study trips: 1 full-day trips and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including organised evening activities: 8 hours 45 minutes
Your child will:
- Improve their spoken English
- Increase their vocabulary
- Make new friends from around the world
- Be prepared for studying in an English-speaking environment
|Location||Season||Start dates||Arrival day||Course length||Price|
|Frensham||Spring||28 March 2021
04 April 2021
11 April 2021
|Sunday||Choose 1-3 weeks||£995 per week|
|Frensham||Summer||07 July 2021
21 July 2021
28 July 2021
04 August 2021
11 August 2021
|Wednesday||Choose 1-6 weeks||£995 per week|
|Ellesmere||Summer||07 July 2021
14 July 2021
21 July 2021
28 July 2021
04 August 2021
|Wednesday||Choose 1-5 weeks||£942 per week|
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
My English improved more than I could have imagined. I made lots of friends and had great experiences during my time here.
We talk your language
We are always happy to help you find the perfect course. Contact our team.Contact us
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.