A summer course for the next world leaders based around the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Explore global issues and help build a better world.
An exciting new opportunity to make new friends, build skills, and have fun with a range of activities this summer.
At our brand new Future Leader: World Leader course, UK based students are invited to join our international students in Oxford to explore global issues and share experiences with new friends from all over the world.
This course prepares students for a global workplace by exploring the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The course runs like a conference, with students enjoying an exciting programme of guest speakers and workshops.
World Leaders encourages students to explore contemporary skills such as debating, critical thinking, and team work. The course looks at different world issues, which help to get young people engaged in making the world a better place. Students focus on acknowledging the importance of certain themes like climate change, gender equality, and sustainable cities and communities.
Students will learn about the 17 sustainable goals adopted by the UN aimed to promote peace and prosperity for people and the planet. The course follows the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals which are a call to action by all countries (poor, rich, and middle-income) to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
Workshops include: introduction to global issues, renewable energy, diversity and inclusion, healthcare, and employment. Students will choose a goal to present on which is then judged by the panel at the end of their course.
Your child will:
- Improve skills such as teamwork and problem-solving
- Improve their presentation and negotiation skills
- Develop an understanding of current world issues and learn about the UN sustainable development goals
- Develop a range of core skills and learning strategies required for academic and career success
- Develop techniques to express themselves powerfully and present with confidence
- Enhance interpersonal skills and broaden vocabulary
- Master the four Cs of 21st Century Skills – Collaboration, Critical thinking, Creativity and Communication
- Be prepared for studying in a further/higher education setting
- Network and make new friends from around the world
- All activities
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
Residential students will have all necessary activity equipment provided for them.
We are always happy to help you find the perfect course.Contact us for more information
Learn more about our Oxford school
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.