Part-time TESOL - 12 weeks
Our Part-time TESOL is designed for non-native English speakers who would like to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL).
This Part-time TESOL course will help you understand the principles of teaching adult learners and develop practical skills to plan and deliver engaging and dynamic lessons.
Acceptance onto a TESOL course is conditional upon completion of application tasks, a language awareness task and an interview.
Part-time TESOL information
- Minimum student age for TESOL - 20 years + (18 and 19 year olds can be accepted at our discretion)
- Language level for TESOL - equivalent to C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Part-time TESOL schedule
- 12 weeks (120 hours)
- 6 hours lesson time per week
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings 18.30 - 21.30 for course beginning 17 Aug
- Monday and Wednesday evenings 18.30 - 21.30 for course beginning 14 Sept
- 7 Saturdays 10.00 - 17.00
Part-time TESOL includes:
- Daily small group teaching practice with students at different language levels
- Seminars and demonstrations to improve language awareness
- Classroom management and planning
Follow the application procedure below to apply for this course. The application requires information about your education, training and qualifications, and the name and contact of a referee to support your application.
Please ensure you complete the two page application form in one session or save your answers off-line if you need to interrupt the application process.
At the end of the application you will be asked to complete and return a written task. Acceptance on to the course is dependent on the successful completion of the written task and an interview. No money is taken at this stage.
Once we have received your application and written task, we will contact you about the next stage.