We were judged to be the no. 1 Language school in Central London in the 2019 British Council inspections.
We have always championed the best teaching. International House London was the birthplace of the first qualification for teaching English as a second language. This then became the CELTA qualification accredited by Cambridge English (part of the University of Cambridge) and is recognised throughout the world.
We are also the best value school in London (ranked by the industry publication EL Gazette)
Our expert trainers are our greatest asset. Leaders in the field of English language, many of whom are published authors, our trainers are devoted to their field. Regularly speaking at conferences and events around the world, you can trust the most experienced minds in the industry to help you further your own knowledge. You can find out more about the whole team on our meet the trainers page.
- Training with IH London means you become part of the IH network, which is the largest network of independent schools in the world: over 160 schools, in over 52 countries.
- You will be able to join our members only ‘Trained by IH London’ online group and be part of our global community.
- We stay in touch with our teachers to share industry news and career opportunities.
- We also love to see teachers sharing their stories, tips and support with each other.
- Share ideas and experiences with people on the course and stay in touch with an international network of teachers.
Wherever you are on your teaching journey, we have curated the perfect course for you. Covering a diverse range of topics, our courses focus on every element of teaching. From improving the quality of your grammar expertise, to gaining further qualifications, and even developing managerial skills. Our courses are here to assist you every step of the way.
Available both online and face-to-face, our short courses are designed with your schedule in mind. We hold our courses throughout the year, so that you can find the perfect date. We know you are busy doing what you love, so we’ve even created weekend courses that can sit around other commitments.
Explore our range of face-to-face short courses designed to improve your classes in a matter of weeks!Find out more
Our online short courses mean that you can improve your skills and refine your teaching wherever you are based.Find out more
Why take a short course
with IH London
Find out more about the benefits of taking a teacher training short course with IH London.View the page